Key Facts and Figures
- Sunway University is awarded the internationally acclaimed QS 5 Star ratings for Teaching, Facilities and Employability
- It has become one of the nation’s flagship education providers
- RM 2.5 million invested in library materials annually
- RM 350 million invested in teaching, learning and research facilities
- At Sunway you are destined to become young adults, not just academically exceptional, but socially inclusive to contribute towards a better society for all.
Malaysia is a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural society with more than half the population of ethnic Malays, and large minorities of Malaysian Chinese, Malaysian Indians, and indigenous peoples. Since its independence, Malaysia has had one of the best economic records in Asia, with its GDP growing at an average of 6.5% per annum for almost 50 years. The economy has traditionally been fuelled by its natural resources, but is expanding in the sectors of science, tourism, commerce and medical tourism. Today, Malaysia is a newly industrialised market economy, ranked third largest in Southeast Asia and 29th largest in the world. It is a founding member of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, the East Asia Summit and the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, and a member of Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, the Commonwealth of Nations, and the Non-Aligned Movement.