ASIA PACIFIC UNIVERSITY
APU is a rich blend of traditional and modern styles.
SOME KEY FACTS AND FIGURES
- It prides itself on the quality of both teaching and research as well as having a unique living and learning environment
- provides access to world-class resources across a wide range of disciplines
- ensure that the skills and knowledge taught at APU are up-to-date and are high in demand
- translates into industry-ready skills and competitive edge for graduates
- develops programmes and partnerships with academic and industry partners, with a heavy focus on applied learning
- courses are approved by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia and are fully or provisionally accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
- All programmes are quality assured by an International Advisory Panel (IAP) whose members include representatives from our international partner universities and industry and technology leaders in the private sector
Malaysia is a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural society with more than half the population of ethnic Malays, and large minorities of Malaysian Chinese, Malaysian Indians, and indigenous peoples. Since its independence, Malaysia has had one of the best economic records in Asia, with its GDP growing at an average of 6.5% per annum for almost 50 years. The economy has traditionally been fuelled by its natural resources, but is expanding in the sectors of science, tourism, commerce and medical tourism. Today, Malaysia is a newly industrialised market economy, ranked third largest in Southeast Asia and 29th largest in the world. It is a founding member of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, the East Asia Summit and the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, and a member of Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, the Commonwealth of Nations, and the Non-Aligned Movement.